A companion to THE WORD OF SINNA LUVVA blog. An Outlet for new poems, drafts of poems and even rediscovered or reworked ones! For more poetry by Malcolm Evison see the Related Sites listing.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

On Reflection

 
ON REFLECTION
 
 
 
Sunshine
on puddled rain
reflects
 
the pride
of plants
refreshed
 
by elemental
forces
it lifts
 
my spirits
I hope
they won't evaporate
 
as I bask
calmly
in the afterglow.
 
 
 
 
Malcolm Evison
 
21 May 2009


*******************

The natural sequel to this poem, A PALE REFLECTION, can be found on ARCHIVE MINED & FRESHLY SPUN.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely, Mal.

Jane Doe said...

Beautiful and touching. Simple yet emotions radiate from the words. I love poems about nature and this one is superlative.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Malcolm said...

Thanks for your comments - much appreciated.

Mel said...

My favorite thing about the rain is the way that plants seem to stretch up to meet it, swelling with joy at the touch of it. Certainly lifts my spirits too..