A companion to THE WORD OF SINNA LUVVA blog. An Outlet for new poems, drafts of poems and even rediscovered or reworked ones! For more poetry by Malcolm Evison see the Related Sites listing.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sanctuary

SANCTUARY

Witnessing a fresco
in the chapel of my mind -
I could not rest.

My past -
emblazoned on the walls,
of this my secret hermitage -

I wept.

All colours had gone,
and only words hung there,
empty and cold.

Quietly in the night
I saw eternity decay
and knew
my life must change.

I awoke -
you arrived -
my transient future.


Malcolm Evison

4 comments:

Jane Doe said...

Beautifully written. So haunting and sad, I can really relate to it. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,

Jane

Anonymous said...

//I awoke -
you arrived -
my transient future.//

Let it arrive without the burden of the past memories.

Anonymous said...

Some human beings belienve impermanence is the only predictable thing in this world. I would say unconditional, accessible love is another not to be forgotten. Your painting and poetry are very uplifting to the soul.

Mel said...

Lovely words I could spend lots of time reading. The first comment here was accurate - haunting indeed.