A companion to THE WORD OF SINNA LUVVA blog. An Outlet for new poems, drafts of poems and even rediscovered or reworked ones! For more poetry by Malcolm Evison see the Related Sites listing.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

WINDBLOWN


WINDBLOWN

The howling gale subsides
to lullaby proportions -

the wind’s bluster
suddenly becalmed -

I watch the scudding clouds -
their bellies washed

by a low surfing sun -
no-one has told them

to stop their scurrying
so I return to mine.


Malcolm Evison
27 January 2008

3 comments:

Yewtree said...

Lovely poem, rather haiku-esque.

Here's one of mine.

Anonymous said...

Malcolm.....a lovely poem. I love the imagery. With the weather here as it is.....I can identify with the thoughts. As always, nicely done. When are you going to write a book of poetry???? Bittersweet

Malcolm said...

Thank you both for your kind comments; much appreciated.

Hi Bittersweet - the last time I had a book(let)of my poems published hard copy wise was 1970 (The Stillness Moves - Outpost Publications).

You can download a selection of 60 plus poems of mine (PDF) from my pages on PoemHunter.com